3 Easy No-Bake Dessert Recipes For Summer
May 18, 2022
What are some easy no-bake dessert recipes for summer?
- Mango Cheesecake
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Maja Blanca
Summer is the perfect time for sweets — whether you’re just staying at home with your family to enjoy some halo-halo, craving seasonal fruits such as mango, or want to bring a classic Filipino dessert to an outing. But if all you have at home is a refrigerator or a stove, then you might be wondering what types of sweet treats you can create. Don’t worry because here are some easy no-bake dessert recipes for summer! Keep on reading.
The harvest season for mango in the Philippines is from March to June. That means you can enjoy them during summertime! Aside from eating the fruit as is, you can incorporate it into various desserts, such as a mango cheesecake.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 tbsp milk
- ⅛ cup water
- 2 tsp gelatin powder
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 230 g chilled cream cheese
- 230 ml chilled all-purpose cream
- 1 big ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- Crushed graham crackers, for toppings
- Combine the crushed graham crackers, salt, melted butter, and milk in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the crushed graham mixture on the bottom of a cake pan. Use a spoon to press the crumbs down firmly. Place the cake pan in the refrigerator and chill.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin powder into the water. Leave for a few minutes until the mixture blooms. In another bowl, pour in hot water to create a water bath. Place the bowl with the gelatin in the second bowl with the hot water to warm the mixture. Mix the gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Get a big bowl and mix the cream cheese and sugar using the electric mixer. Do this until the mixture is light and airy.
- Whip the all-purpose cream in another bowl. Then, slowly fold the all-purpose cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the gelatin and beat the mixture until well-combined.
- Get the crust from the fridge. Put the prepared cream filling on the cake pan. Then refrigerate the cheesecake until it’s set.
- Decorate the top of the cheesecake with the mango and crushed graham. Serve and enjoy!
Creamy Leche Flan
If you’re serving Halo-Halo at home, you can’t forget the most delicious topping, the leche flan! Fortunately, this summer dessert is easy to make at home as long as you have a stove and steamer like the Hanabishi Food Steamer HFS55! You can also eat this delicious dessert on its own or pair it with a Banana con Hielo or Halo-Halo recipe.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 300 ml condensed milk
- 10 pcs egg yolks
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare your llanera or baking pan on a table.
- In a pan, dissolve the sugar over low heat. Swirl the sugar from time to time to prevent the caramel from burning. Remove from heat once the caramel is lightly golden.
- Spread the caramel on the bottom of the llanera or baking pan. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and mix in the condensed milk until well combined.
- Add the evaporated milk and vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour the leche flan mixture into the llanera or baking pan. Then cover with foil.
- Steam the leche flan in a steamer for 30 to 35 minutes or until the custard is done. Once done, let the leche flan cool down before refrigerating.
- Serve and enjoy once chilled.
Maja Blanca is a classic Filipino dessert usually served during Christmas, but it’s also perfect during the summer as a snack! This dessert is made from coconut milk, sugar, and cornstarch. For this recipe, all you need is your stove and refrigerator. It’s a no-bake recipe that will surely impress your family and friends!
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 350 ml evaporated milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Canned whole kernel corn, drained
- Combine the cornstarch and water and mix until dissolved.
- Lightly oil a baking dish or container. Set aside.
- Prepare a pot and put it on the stove over medium heat.
- Pour in the evaporated milk, coconut milk, and sugar. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture is boiling, lower the heat. Add the cornstarch mixture little by little while stirring.
- Add 1 can of whole kernel corn and stir the mixture until thick. Transfer the maja blanca to the prepared container before. Allow to cool before chilling in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight.
- Serve the maja blanca and enjoy!
Enjoy these easy no-bake dessert recipes for summer with our appliances here at Hanabishi! If you’re interested in baking, you can also consider purchasing one of our quality electric ovens. Prices start below 4,000 pesos!
If you’re looking for our appliances online, you can also check out our official store at the Lazada Mall.