3 Post-Holiday Detox Recipes To Make At Home
Dec 31, 2021
What are the post-holiday detox recipes to make at home?
- Detox smoothie
- Chicken macaroni soup
- Air fried fish
During the holidays, there’s an abundance of fatty, high-carbohydrate, and overly sweet foods for you to consume. With Christmas and New Year gatherings here and there, it’s easy to let go of your healthy eating habits for a while. But after a period of indulgence, it’s definitely hard to get back on track when it comes to your health. To help you, here are some post-holiday detox recipes that can help you to eat cleaner! Keep on reading.
Drank too much beer and wine during the holidays? Or maybe you feel guilty about the multiple servings of pasta you ate over Christmas and New Year. If you neglected your fruits and vegetables, one way you can pack them into your diet is to make a smoothie! This way, you can get all the antioxidants you need for a healthier you.
This detox smoothie is not just good for you but is also delicious. For a milder flavor, you can also use baby spinach instead. Feel free to double the ingredients if you require more than one serving.
To ensure a smooth blend, you might be interested in getting the Hanabishi 9in1 Food Processor which can make smoothies, chop ingredients, shred meat, and more.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup ice
- 1 pc small frozen banana, diced
- ½ cup strawberries, leaves removed
- 1 mandarin orange, peeled
- 1 ½ cup spinach
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth in texture.
- Serve in a tall glass and enjoy!
Chicken Macaroni Soup
If you want to consume a healthy and filling meal, there’s nothing better than a hot chicken macaroni soup. It’s classic comfort food that is easy and inexpensive to make. All the ingredients can be found in your local grocery too. Other than that, you can also use rotisserie chicken to save time. Feel free to add more water as needed, too.
If you’re looking for a kitchen appliance that can make this delicious detox soup, you can consider the Hanabishi 12in1 Multicooker Griller HMCGRILL50. Aside from soups, you can also broil, braise, BBQ, cook rice, roast, grill, fry, and more!
- 4 pcs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, and diced
- 2 pcs chicken cubes, boiled in 8 ½ cups of water
- 130 g macaroni or other pasta, cooked
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1pc large onion, chopped
- 2 pcs large carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Water, as needed
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large pot.
- Stir in the onions and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme, and garlic while stirring.
- Cook for a while before adding the chicken stock. Let the soup simmer over low heat.
- Add the salt and pepper into the soup according to your taste.
- Add the diced chicken into the soup, partially cover the pot, and simmer over low heat. Stir the soup a few times until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the macaroni into the soup before serving.
Air Fried Fish
Ate too much beef and pork during the holidays? In that case, you can consider cooking fish instead. Although you’re frying the tilapia in this recipe, you won’t need to use too much oil. After all, the air fryer uses hot air to cook your food.
If you’re looking for an affordable air fryer to cook healthier meals, you can check out the Hanabishi HAFRYER32 which is listed for 3,500 pesos. In the future, you can also cook your favorite fried foods without drenching them in oil!
- 2 pcs tilapia
- 1 pc egg
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp all-purpose cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil in a spray bottle
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and cream and set aside.
- On a plate, mix the flour, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Coat the tilapia with the egg before dipping it in the flour mixture. Coat all sides before spraying with the oil.
- Cook the tilapia in the air fryer at 170C for 10 minutes on one side.
- Flip the tilapia and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you feel guilty for eating too many unhealthy foods, try out these post-holiday detox recipes to get back on track when it comes to your diet. They’re full of good nutrients, taste delicious and best of all — are all easy to make as long as you have the right kitchen appliances.
If you want to purchase affordable but high-quality appliances for your home, you can check out the flagship store of Hanabishi at the Lazada Mall!