4 Recipes To Make For Your Grandparents
Sep 25, 2020
What are some good recipes to make for grandparents?
- Garden Salad With Bacon Vinaigrette
- Bistek Tagalog
- Oven-Baked Cheesy Potatoes
- Mango Shake
There’s never a bad day to show your love for your Lola and Lolo. You don’t have to worry about searching for the best present though. Cooking for your grandparents is a great way to show your appreciation! And fortunately, we’ve got some of the best recipes for grandparents here!
Admit it. Our Lola’s and Lolo’s are simply the best! They fascinate us with numerous stories of the past era. Plus, their wisdom makes them the best family member to ask for the best pieces of advice. Let’s not forget that they love to spoil us as well!
Skip the present guessing game and avoid long queues at the mall, cooking for them will be a heartfelt gesture. Hanabishi has got you covered with the 5 recipes to make for your grandparents. Read on!
Garden Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
Who loves salads more than your Lola and Lolo, right? Making a fresh garden salad with bacon vinaigrette is sure to satisfy their taste buds. Eating this recipe will also offer them plenty of nutritional benefits.
Iron is needed by bodies to carry oxygen in the blood. Elderly people need a regular intake of iron to ensure they don’t lack a supply of oxygen, which results in fatigue and tiredness.
Thankfully, this garden salad contains an iron-rich ingredient: spinach. With only 8 ingredients and your Hanabishi Gas Stove G 7HA, you can recreate this recipe at home!
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, put in the tomatoes and spinach.
- Over medium heat, saute the onion and bacon. Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the leftover oil from the skillet.
- Add and mix in the vinegar, water, sugar, and pepper.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Made with lean, tender beef and a generous amount of onions, bistek Tagalog is a favorite recipe of Filipinos!
Beef is an excellent source of protein. As your grandparents’ aging bodies process nutrients slower, they’ll need more protein to build and repair tissues. So if you want to serve a savory and healthy beef recipe, Bistek Tagalog is a great food option.
Get your Hanabishi 2in1 Multi-Cooker Griller HMCGRILL50 to enjoy this dish with your Lola and Lolo!
- 1 kilo beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 calamansi or 1 piece lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 regular onion, minced
- 3 white onions, sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- Marinate the beef in lemon/calamansi, soy sauce, and black pepper for at least 1 hour before cooking.
- Save the marinade for later.
- Heat the oil using the multi-cooker griller.
- Fry the white onions until soft.
- Using the same griller, fry the beef for one minute per side.
- Saute the garlic and regular onions.
- Pour in the marinade and bring to a boil.
- Add the beef.
- Simmer until the meat is tender. Add water if needed.
- Season with pepper and salt as needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Top with fried onions.
- Serve with rice!
Oven-Baked Cheesy Potatoes
This recipe is a perfect and easy-to-make side dish for any meal! It’s delicious and contains cheese which is a great source of calcium. It will help your grandparents have strong and healthy bones.
Prepare your Hanabishi Oven Toaster HO 80 SVR to whip up these yummy oven-baked cheesy potatoes!
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven toaster to 400°F.
- Grease a sheet pan with oil.
- Chop the potatoes into chunks.
- Dry them using a paper towel and place in a bowl.
- Toss and coat using parsley, salt, pepper, and powdered garlic.
- Arrange the potatoes in the oven toaster.
- Bake until the desired golden brown color is achieved.
- Cover the potatoes with shredded cheese.
- Place back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
- Serve while warm!
Prepare a sweet beverage for your grandparents! Go ahead and take the Hanabishi Super Blender HJB 128ss to make a refreshing mango shake. It’s the perfect recipe to end the special mealtime.
- 2 medium-sized, ripe mangoes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- Combine ice, sugar/honey, milk, banana, mangoes in the blender.
- Set the blender power level to high.
- Blend well.
- Pour the shake into glasses.
- Serve chilled!
If you’re looking for recipes for grandparents, try cooking the four we’ve stated above! Prepare something your Lola and Lola will absolutely love! Plus, it won’t be a challenging task if you have Hanabishi appliances by your side. If you want to have all the kitchen needs at hand, click here!