Laundry Tips Every Mom Should Know
Mar 16, 2020 | Posted By: Erika
What are laundry tips every mom should know?
- Sort Out Your Clothes
- Get Rid Of Stains Immediately
- Clean Your Appliances
- Invest In High Efficiency
When it comes to doing tasks around the house, you may be looking to discover new ways to make everything more efficient and convenient. Especially for mothers who have limited time on their hands for household chores but who still want to work hard to maintain their home. You wouldn’t want to allot a huge amount of time doing the laundry as there are many more things you can do within the day. Read below for laundry tips in the Philippines that you can apply to your washing, sorting, and drying. Make your laundry day more convenient, efficient, and effective.
Sort Out Your Clothes
Sorting and organizing your clothes beforehand will do you wonders when doing your laundry. People may think that this is time-consuming, but it goes a long way. Sorting out your clothes will prevent tangling as well as reduce bleeding and transferring of different colors. It will also keep your delicate pieces in tip-top shape, maximize your washing machine’s different wash cycles, and preserve the color of vibrant fabrics. Here are some ways you can sort out your laundry:
- Sort them based on colors: separate whites from darks and denim. You wouldn’t want your bright reds to bleed onto your perfectly white shirts.
- If you want to preserve the value of your finer and delicate fabrics, sort them according to their fabric types to avoid damage.
- Delicates like bras and underwear are recommended to be hand-washed, however, some washing machines come with a delicate cycle option.
- Make a pile for items that need attention for stain removal.
Get Rid Of Stains Immediately
Don’t expect your washing machine to do all the work for you, especially when it comes to pesky stains. The best way to go about this is to treat the stain beforehand before throwing it into your washing machine for the best and most efficient effect. All stains are removed differently and here are a few tips and tricks to save your clothes from stains:
- Dairy (including breastmilk stains) is inevitable. Luckily, you can simply scrub the stained area with an old soft-bristled brush and let it soak for at least 10 minutes before throwing it into the washing machine.
- When dealing with juice stains, dilute the fabric with cold running water, apply a sprinkle of laundry detergent, and allow it to sit for 20 mins before adding it to your washing load.
- Red wine stains can be covered in salt and soaked in cold water with laundry detergent overnight before washing as usual.
- Resist the urge to throw your mud stained fabrics into the washing machine right away. Instead, allow the dirt to dry and scrape off the excess. Eventually, cover the stain with laundry detergent and water, gently rub the ends of the fabric together, and rinse.
Clean Your Appliances
Your laundry appliances need cleaning too! For the most efficient and sanitary laundry experience, maintain your washers and irons. Failure to sanitize your washing machine can be a cause of bad odor, germs, bacteria, and even mold. Here’s a step-by-step process to sanitize your washing machine:
- First, clean your doors and seals with easily accessible household substances like hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar. This eliminates mold, grease, and kills any bacteria.
- Then, fill up your washing machine with hot water and turn on your washer using the largest load option and longest wash cycle.
- Finally, drain your washing machine and dry it out with a towel.
Invest In High Efficiency
If you’re thinking of replacing your washing machine, consider investing in an automatic washing machine such as Hanabishi’s FULLY-AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINE HAWMD-175LX. You can save more and maximize its numerous properties. Here are the best benefits of an automatic washing machine for your laundry experience:
- Save up on water
- It provides you with more options for different kinds of fabrics
- You get to save up on laundry detergent and conditioner
- Low-noise motor system, which makes it quieter and more stable.
- Reduce rust
- Temperature resistant and durable
- Reduce time in doing laundry
- Can handle heavier and bulkier loads
We all know that there are a lot of things on the plate for moms, and doing laundry is one of the household chores that takes the most time. With these laundry tips in the Philippines, we hope that your laundry experience will be done faster, better, and more conveniently. Remember to sort out your clothes, get rid of stains as fast as you can, disinfect and sanitize your washing machines, or better yet, invest in a new one for better efficiency! Hanabishi’s appliances for garment care promise to stick with you long term and provide a more convenient experience for your household chores.