5 Practical and Healthy Blended Desserts for Noche Buena
Dec 19, 2019 | Posted By: Erika
What are blended desserts perfect for Noche Buena?
- Blender Mango Ice Cream
- Nutty Banana Pudding
- Lemon and Coconut Cream Mousse
- Chocolate-Coconut Balls
- Chocolate Pudding
From blender mango ice cream to nutty banana pudding, here are some of the healthiest Noche Buena food ideas that you can make at home! All you need are a few ingredients and a super blender. These dessert ideas make a great centerpiece for a festive dinner table.
Blender Mango Ice Cream
It only takes three ingredients and two pieces of kitchen equipment to make the blender mango ice cream. If you are looking to cut down on dessert costs and are a fan of ice cream after Noche Buena, then this recipe is the perfect fit for you.
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 3 cups mangoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Using your super blender or regular juice blender, pour in milk and honey. Then, blend at a minimum.
- Add the slices of mango gradually until all that’s left is a liquid-form with little bits.
- Once the mixture turns into a puree, transfer it to a ceramic or glass loaf pan. Place inside the freezer until it firms.
- To achieve creamy ice cream, break the frozen mixture by running it through a blender to soften.
Nutty Banana Pudding
Making pudding generally takes less than 10 minutes. All you need are a couple of ingredients and a single piece of kitchen equipment. Bananas combined with nuts can create a sweet dessert packed with nutrients. A regular-sized dessert bowl can fill your stomach and satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
- 2 cups of nuts (almonds or cashew)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 2 regular bananas, sliced
- ¾ cup of milk
- Using a super blender, blend the almonds until totally crushed. Gradually increase the speed until the sound is smoother.
- Add the milk and blend.
- Toss the sliced frozen bananas and blend for a couple of seconds before adding the regular bananas. Blend until creamy.
- Chill the pudding for at least 2 hours. You can either transfer the pudding into another container or keep it in the blender.
- Serve in cups or small bowls, then top with the nuts and a couple of banana slices.
Lemon Cream Mousse
Mousse comes from the word “froth” or small bubbles. It has a soft and light texture that is derived from whipping air into the mixture. This lemon-flavored mousse is the perfect combination for salty chips. For your after Noche Buena drinks, the mousse will make a great dip and beer companion.
- ¾ cups of sugar
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups of milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put all the ingredients in your super blender except the butter. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the smooth and creamy mixture into a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until it boils.
- Reduce the heat and simmer. Cook for another two minutes while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Make sure the butter is room temperature and not solid.
- Chill the mixture until firm and serve in small cups.
The chocolate-coconut balls are made up of dried coconut and chocolate covering. It stays fresh for at least 2 weeks if placed in an airtight container and stocked in the refrigerator. Coconut is a fruit that delivers a wealth of health benefits. From disease-fighting antioxidants, promoting blood sugar regulation, and reducing the risk of developing heart disease.
- 1 cup of coconut, dried
- 2 cups of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- To make the coconut filling, combine the dried coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt in your super blender. Gradually increase the speed and decrease once the mixture is smooth.
- Shape the dough into coconut balls according to the size you prefer. Line them on a plate covered with baking paper or plastic foil.
- Put the balls in the freezer while preparing the chocolate coating.
- To make the chocolate coating, combine the coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup and salt in your super blender. Blend for 15 seconds until the sound is smoother. Take note, you may exceed the 15 second-duration but never less.
- Cover each one of the coconut balls with chocolate sauce and place them in the freezer.
Wait until the entire chocolate covering is firm. Serve with confectionary sugar drizzled on top!
Another pudding recipe is made of cocoa powder and bananas. As much as they are perfect for breakfast, they also make a good dessert after a delicious Noche Buena. Chocolate pudding is best consumed when frozen or straight out of the refrigerator.
- 1.5 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder
- 2.5 ounces of milk, preferably almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 small banana
- Using your regular blender, mix almond milk with oil, banana, and cocoa powder. Blend until the texture of the ingredients is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and continue hand stirring.
- Leave it inside the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Serve cold!
Christmas will be more festive than ever with the sight of these Noche Buena food ideas. With only a couple of easy-to-find ingredients and a 5-speed level with pulse function super blender, you can make plenty of delicious desserts!
The holiday season is the perfect time to enjoy every meal with your family. To make gatherings more fun, make sure to complete every meal. From the main course, dessert, and beverages. Use reliable and power-saving kitchen equipment to make preparation easier and faster!