What 2020 food trends can you try at home?
- Dalgona Coffee
- At-Home Samgyupsal
- D.I.Y. Milk Tea
- Mini Doughnuts
Nowadays, our social media feeds are dominated by foam-topped coffees, milk tea desserts, and at-home meals! Individuals around the world are getting more and more creative with how they want to enjoy their food. You’ve probably scrolled through your feed and seen your friends trying out the many 2020 food trends in the Philippines. Well, now’s your chance to try them out!
Under the enhanced community quarantine, you will have plenty of time on your hands to cozy up to a family dinner or to spend time with the little ones in the kitchen. These meals and desserts can easily be created with efficient appliances you can typically find in your kitchen. Look no further, here are some of the most popular treats and meals you can recreate in your home kitchen.
The Dalgona Coffee craze has been making the rounds over social media for the past two months. To try this you only need 5 ingredients that you can surely find in your pantry. And, to make it easier for you, bring out your trusty HAND MIXER HHM 51. If you don’t have a hand mixer, you can use a whisk.
Get a simple and unique coffee fix in the comforts of your own home. Here’s how to make the trendy beverage that everyone has been raving about!
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a bowl, combine together your sugar, instant coffee, and water. Whisk with your hand mixer until the mixture turns into a silky, smooth, and light color with a foamy shape.
- Fill your glass halfway with ice and milk.
- Scoop your coffee mixture and swirl on top of your ice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Is the community quarantine making you and your family binge on famous Korean drama shows? Are you interested in tasting the delicious meals and dishes they showcase? It’s no surprise that while your hearts are being captured by the stories, your mouths may also be watering from their tasty meals. We’re here to satisfy your Korean BBQ cravings with the help of your HOTPOT BBQ GRILLER HHOTBBQ 100!
- Meat (There are lots of options such as chicken, pork or beef)
- Marinade for the meat
- Soup or instant ramen for your griller’s hotpot
- Side dishes (kimchi is a famous side dish, but you can work with the side dishes you already have at home)
- If you have a marinade, marinate your meat at least 30 mins or overnight before cooking.
- Put your banchan into serving bowls.
- Set up your grill at the center of your table.
- Arrange your side dishes around it.
- Cook the ramen in your griller’s hotpot maker.
- Grill your meat.
- Eat and enjoy!
D.I.Y. Milk Tea
Here’s a cool beverage to enjoy while you are quarantined in the summer season! The milk tea craze has never disappeared. Since we are all required to stay at home, you may probably find yourself craving your favorite milk tea drink from time to time. What’s great about it is that it’s quite easy to recreate at home!
It’s also easily customizable with different teas and sinkers you can easily grab in the nearest grocery store. Here is a quick and simple milk tea recipe you can create with your INDUCTION COOKER HIC 90!
- 2 bags of black tea (or tea of choice)
- 1 cup hot water
- Sugar syrup
- Tapioca Pearls
- Making sugar syrup is easy! Mix an equal ratio of white sugar and water into a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook your tapioca pearls.
- Steep your tea bags in a bowl of hot water for 5 to 10 minutes and let it cool, discard the tea bags afterwards.
- Add in your milk and simple syrup to the tea mixture (this depends on how strong or sweet you want your milk tea to be).
- Grab a cup and add two to three tablespoons of tapioca pearls.
- Add ice and your milk tea mixture.
- Serve immediately!
This dessert or merienda is a treat that both adults and the kids will enjoy! This simple recipe can have you recreate this famous treat in minutes. It requires just a few simple ingredients and your trusty fast-heating DEEP FRYER HFRY 40SS. Once finished, you can enjoy it with your favorite spreads and sauces. Here’s a quick recipe for 10-12 servings for you to follow:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- Oil, for frying
- Toppings and coatings (cinnamon, sugar, nutella, peanut butter, any of your favorite pantry staples)
- In a bowl, combine all your dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, milk, and eggs.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until a sticky dough is formed.
- On a clean, lightly floured surface, work your dough together. Create a ½ thick rectangular shape.
- Cut out your dough using 2 round cookie cutters. If you don’t have cookie cutters, you can use the rim of two different sized glasses.
- Heat your deep fryers to 375 degrees.
- Carefully add your doughnuts and fry them for about 3 mins per side.
- Let them cool on a plate.
- Add your favorite spreads and toppings.
These 2020 food trends in the Philippines will surely keep you busy during these unprecedented and uncertain times. Spend time with your family in the kitchen and capture some moments for your feed with these delicious and mouth-watering treats!