How do you clean your electric fan?
- Clean the electric fan weekly
- Deep clean the electric fan from time to time
An electric fan is one of the most-used home appliances in a Filipino household. Whether it’s the sunny or rainy season, this device is a must-have as it keeps the home cool and refreshing. But although they’re used daily, an electric fan is often neglected and left dirty. Cleaning this appliance frequently is important because it can affect the airflow of the fan. Dust can also cause unpleasant allergies if left to fly freely inside your home. For this reason, you need to learn how to clean your electric fan. Keep on reading!
There are two ways you can clean your electric can. Weekly, perform a quick clean to remove dust and other contaminants on the blades and the surface of the fan. But from time to time, you also need to deep clean the appliance to get rid of dust in hard to reach places. Here are the instructions:
Clean The Electric Fan Weekly
You’ll be surprised on how much dust can settle in the electric fan just after a week! You can remove these with just a few minutes of your time and some wiping here and there.
It’s also useful to have a vacuum to blast away all the dust quickly. If you don’t have one, there are plenty of affordable options from Hanabishi. You can use these for cleaning around the home too, so it can provide the best value for your money!
- Unplug the electric fan. Before cleaning this home appliance, make sure to unplug it from the outlet first. Wait until the blades have stopped before you proceed with cleaning. You can transfer the electric fan outdoors to prevent the dust from flying everywhere.
- Blast away the dust. Using a hair dryer on low-heat, compressed air, or vacuum with blower function, blast away the dust on the grill and the blades. Turn the fan around to clean the backside too.
- Use a vacuum. You can use the brush attachment to pick up the dust and dirt from the grill and body of the electric fan. Vacuum both the front and rear grill. Don’t forget to suck in the dust that have fallen to the ground.
- Wipe down the fan. Use a cloth to wipe smudges and any remaining dust on the housing and grills of the electric fan. Work from tip to bottom to remove all contaminants.
Deep Clean The Electric Fan From Time To Time
If you’ve stuck to a weekly cleaning routine, then there’s a good chance that only a small amount of dust and dirt have accumulated on your electric fan. But you still need to perform a deep cleaning to tackle hard to reach areas. Fortunately, this task is easier since you’ve removed most of the contaminants with routine cleaning.
Before you do any deep cleaning, read the manufacturer’s manual that comes with your electric fan. There might be special instructions on how to take apart and deep clean the appliance.
Here are some simple steps on how to perform a deep clean on your electric fan. These are also recommended if you’ve neglected cleaning for a while.
- Turn off the electric fan. Unplug the appliance from the power source. Wait for the blades to stop moving before proceeding with the other steps.
- Remove the front grill. Remove the grill by unclipping the tabs.
- You might have to use a screwdriver to remove the screws if the electric fan has them. Make sure to keep the screws in a safe place for reassembling later.
- Unscrew the blade nut. Loosen the nut the holds the blades by following the direction indicated on the nut. Then pull the fan blade off.
- Remove the rear grill. You will see another nut the holds the rear grill. Unscrew this and remove the grill.
- Wash the grills and blade. Use mild soap and water to wash the grills, fan blade, and nuts. This is best done outdoors with a hose. Rinse everything and allow to dry completely.
- Vacuum the body of the fan. While the other parts are drying, vacuum any dust at the surface of the fan housing. You can also use the blower function to spray off any dirt that is stuck in the motor.
- Reassemble the fan. Make sure that all parts are dry before reassembling the fan. If not, wipe down the parts with a dry cloth and air dry for a few minutes. After reassembling, plug in the fan and make sure that it works.
Knowing how to clean your electric fan ensures proper airflow, so you can enjoy having a cool home for a long time! Perform weekly cleanings consistently, so you don’t have to scrub off the dirt during deep cleanings.
If you’re looking for durable electric fans that can last a very long time, you can browse our collection here at Hanabishi. From desk fans, stand fans, wall fans, ground fans, and many more — all of our products will give you the best value for your money. If you want to order online, you can also check out our official flagship store at the Lazada Mall.