What are the noche buena recipes you can make in an air fryer?
- Pork Barbecue
- Filipino Style Lasagna
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
Christmas eve is one of the busiest time during the holiday season. From cleaning your home, cooking the dishes for dinner, and entertaining guests — there are plenty of things to be done. If you want to make things a little easier, you can try these air fryer Noche Buena recipes!
If you don’t have this kitchen appliance yet, you can consider the Hanabishi Digital Air Fryer HAFRYER 70SSDIG, which is exclusively available at the Lazada Mall. It comes with a 7-liter detachable non-stick frying basket and rapid hot air technology to make cooking easy and hassle-free. The LCD and 10-press program makes it more convenient to control the settings. With this, you can fry, bake, grill, and roast in one device.
Keep on reading for some dishes you can cook in an air fryer for Christmas!
Pork barbecue is one of the most popular dishes served during Noche Buena because it’s easy to eat. You can pair it with almost any food — whether you’re serving rice, vegetable salad, spaghetti, or palabok. Even kids and picky eaters will eat this food.
On top of that, cooking pork barbecue on an air fryer is easy, quick, and mess-free! The preparation and cooking time will only take around 20 to 30 minutes, which is a great thing during the busy holiday season. Other than that, you also don’t need many ingredients. You may use a store-bought BBQ marinade or make one at home with soy sauce, banana ketchup, sugar, calamansi and some seasonings!
- 300 grams pork cubes or pork tenderloin
- ¼ to ½ cup Filipino Barbecue Marinade or preferred BBQ Sauce
- Optional: 1 tbsp oil
- Pat the pork dry and dice into cubes for easier consumption.
- In a bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and oil until well-mixed.
- Put the diced pork into the sauce and ensure all parts are coated.
- Place the marinated pork into the air fryer basket. Make sure that the pieces are not overlapping.
- Set your air fryer to 375F (190C) for 15 minutes, or until the pork is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Filipino Style Lasagna
Spaghetti might be the popular choice during Noche Buena, but if you want something different, you can also make a Filipino-style lasagna in your air fryer! All the ingredients can be found in the grocery, so you won’t have a hard time in making this dish. You can also add some hot dogs to make the dish truly taste local. For this recipe, you can use a cake or baking pan!
Ingredients For Lasagna:
- 1 kg ground beef
- 16 pcs lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups banana ketchup
- 1 beef cube
- Sugar, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheese
Ingredients For The White Sauce:
- 5 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- In a large pot, cook the onions and garlic before adding the ground beef. Wait until the meat is lightly browned.
- Pour in the ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and beef cube. Add a little water to dissolve the cube.
- Add the sugar and stir. Wait until the pot boils.
- Lower the heat and simmer the meat sauce for 30 minutes until it thickens. Then season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes and set the meat sauce aside.
- To prepare the white sauce, you need another pan. Melt the butter over medium heat before you add the flour. Stir the mixture continuously to make a smooth paste.
- Wait until the sauce is golden before adding the milk. Stir the sauce until you don’t see lumps.
- Cook the sauce for another few minutes while stirring. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the cooking pan, put some cooking oil to prevent the lasagna from sticking.
- Spread a layer of meat sauce on the bottom of the pan, then follow by pouring a layer of white sauce. Then place the lasagna noodles on top. Repeat the steps until you’re satisfied with the lasagna.
- Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese on the top.
- Place the lasagna in your air fryer and bake at 360F (160C) for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Set the lasagna aside for a few minutes before serving.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
After eating the barbecue and lasagna, you might be craving some sweets. Chocolate chip cookies are easy to make, so you can easily add them to your Noche Buena spread! You can also make them as giveaways for your family and friends.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix these ingredients thoroughly and set aside.
- In another container, whisk together the sugar, butter, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until the cookie dough forms.
- Carefully add the chocolate chips into the dough.
- Take a spoonful of dough and roll it into a ball. Repeat this step several times.
- Line the air fryer basket with aluminum foil. Preheat the air fryer to 350F (180C).
- Place the cookie balls in the air fryer basket. Make sure that you leave some space between each ball.
- Bake the cookie for 5 minutes, or until they’re cooked through.
- Allow the cookies to cool before serving.
Christmas eve can be a very busy time, so it’s best to think of what dishes you can easily make for Noche Buena. Fortunately, an air fryer can make it easier for you to prepare some good food without requiring too much time.
If you’re interested in trying these air fryer Noche Buena recipes, you can order your own kitchen appliance at the flagship store of Hanabishi at the Lazada mall.