What are the recipes you can make in a waffle maker?
- Waffle omelet
- Mashed potato waffles
- Waffle cookies
A waffle is a popular cake-like breakfast dish that comes in different shapes and sizes. It’s also commonly eaten as a snack or dessert. A classic waffle recipe will ask for flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, milk, and eggs. But you can purchase a waffle-mix powder and stock it in your kitchen, so you can make this delicious treat anytime. Other than this, there are plenty of unique waffle maker recipes you can try!
All you need is the Hanabishi Waffle Maker HSM80SSW. This kitchen appliance can make 2 pieces of waffles, which is enough to fill you up. It comes with a non-stick toasting surface, so you don’t have to worry about cleaning. Available for less than 1,000 pesos, this product is a must-have for people who like to eat.
Here are some delicious recipes you can make with your waffle maker:
A waffle maker can also be used to make other dishes. One of them is a fluffy and delicious omelet that you can have for breakfast. This recipe only requires a few ingredients that you already have in your kitchen and is quick to make!
Best of all, you can customize your waffle omelet in numerous ways. Other than sausages and cheese, try adding tomatoes, bacon, cooked ground beef, and many more!
- 2 to 3 eggs
- Sausages, cooked and diced
- 1/8 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp onion, diced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cooking oil
- Coat the waffle maker with cooking oil and preheat for a few minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the sausage, cheddar cheese, onion, and seasonings. Whisk the mixture thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to the waffle maker. Check the eggs after a few minutes before turning off the appliance.
- Remove the waffle omelet with a fork before serving.
Mashed Potato Waffles
Made too much mashed potato for lunch? No worries, because you can use the leftovers in this mashed potato waffle recipe. You can eat the waffles as a snack, pair them with an egg for breakfast, or use them as a side dish for dinner. This recipe can be done in less than 30 minutes too.
If you don’t have buttermilk in your fridge, you can make your own easily. For every cup of regular milk, you can add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice.
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl, mix the mashed potatoes, salt, egg yolks, and oil until the mixture is free from lumps.
- Pour in the buttermilk and beat the mixture. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and bacon.
- Combine the two mixtures and mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff. You can use a hand mixer to make it easier. Fold the egg whites into the previous mixture.
- Preheat the waffle maker for a few minutes before cooking the waffle.
- Once the potato waffles are cooked, serve on a plate and enjoy.
Craving for some crispy cookies? If you can’t go out to buy some, you can try out this waffle cookie recipe. These are best served warm with your favorite milk, coffee, or chocolate drink. If you have leftovers, you can put them in an airtight container at room temperature. Just make sure to finish everything within a day!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cooking oil
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Add in the butter and sugars. Beat the mixture until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and the egg and beat the batter until everything is well-incorporated.
- Add the flour little by little and beat the mixture again. Set aside your freshly made dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and more.
- After preheating the waffle maker for a few minutes, coat the surface with cooking oil.
- Scoop the dough into balls and flatten them with your hands. Place one waffle cookie dough on each section of the waffle maker and cook until slightly crisp.
- Serve the waffle cookies warm and enjoy!
Aside from the classic waffle, there are plenty of ingredients you can use in your waffle maker! From eggs, mashed potatoes, to cookie dough and more — try out some unique recipes, so you can impress your family and friends.
If you want to try out these waffle maker recipes, you can get your waffle maker at the Hanabishi store at the Lazada Mall!