4 Simple and Fresh Recipes Perfect For Your Summer Vacation
Apr 13, 2020 | Posted By: Erika
What are some simple recipes perfect for summer vacations?
- Sausage Fried Rice
- Homemade Granola Bars
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Chips and Salsa
As we get closer to hotter days and the children’s yearly summer break, you may have something in mind to spend time with the family. Whether you’re going on a road trip, a tour, or any kind of vacation, you’ll need quick and easy to pack snacks to get you through the day.
If you’re looking for easy recipes to create, you’ve come to the right place! These family snacks are equally delicious and easy to prepare. Take your pick from these sweet and savory treats. Here are some easy and fresh recipes perfect for your summer getaways.
Sausage Fried Rice
Fried rice is one of the quickest and easiest recipes to throw together. Just pop everything in a pan, give it a mix, and you’re ready to go! It is also easily customizable. You can add various flavor combinations and toppings. Experiment using different meats, condiments, vegetables, herbs, and more.
This fried rice recipe can be made by using one staple kitchen appliance – your rice cooker! All you need for this quick rice meal recipe is five ingredients all mixed together in your trusty rice cooker such as Hanabishi’s RICE COOKER HRC BRC. Feel free to add more vegetables as a healthier option.
- 1 can Vienna Sausage, sliced
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups uncooked rice
- Mix all ingredients together in your rice cooker
- Set your rice cooker to cook
- Once it is finished, allow it to sit for five to ten minutes before checking
- If you haven’t reached your desired consistency, add a little more water, stir, and set to cook for a few minutes
- Pack in your to-go lunch packs!
Homemade Granola Bars
This simple and delicious treat is definitely something you should take along with you on road trips and adventures for a quick energy boost. Granola bars are a snack that is easy to pack and simple to create. Now is the best time for you to utilize an electric oven such as Hanabishi’s ELECTRIC OVEN HEO 45 PSS. Gather your kid’s favorite toppings like peanut butter, chocolate, nuts, and raisins and start making these for your next getaway!
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- Your favorite toppings (nuts, dried fruits, chocolate chips, coconut shavings, raisins, etc.)
- ¼ Honey
- ¼ Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your microwave oven to 250 degrees
- Place oats on a baking tray and place in your oven once it is fully heated
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes
- While the oats are toasting, grab a saucepan and add the honey, butter, and brown sugar
- Cook over medium heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract
- Grab a bowl, pour the mixture into toasted oats, and stir to combine
- Cool for about 15 minutes and add your toppings
- Place oat mixture in a pan and press with a spatula
- Chill for about 2 hours and cut them into desired shapes and sizes!
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are a popular snack and comfort food that you can never go wrong with. It is the perfect easy packed snack recipe and is loved by many – especially children! One of the most convenient ways you can prepare this snack is with a sandwich maker. Pop all your ingredients in and let it do its magic. Lessen the mess with its non-stick and easy to clean surface. Here is a simple grilled cheese recipe you can make with a trusty sandwich maker such as Hanabishi’s SANDWICH MAKER HSM 10S.
- Slices of loaf bread
- Cheese (shredded or sliced)
- Generously butter one side of your two slices of bread
- Flip it over and add cheese on top before placing another buttered slice over it
- Put it into the sandwich maker and wait until it has turned golden brown and the cheese has melted
Chips and Salsa
Care for some chips and dip? You’d think that dips are challenging and time-consuming to make, however, one easy and simple way to make your favorite dips is with kitchen blenders such as Hanabishi’s SUPER BLENDER HJB 128SS. They will turn out as good as what you buy from your favorite restaurants. The best part is? It only takes 5 minutes to make! Here’s a recipe for a fresh salsa dip that you can pair with your preferred chips.
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ white onion
- Canned Jalapenos
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons cilantro
- Dash of cumin
- Lime juice
- In your kitchen blender, add all the ingredients together
- Pulse or blend on low until it is as chunky or as smooth as you’d like
- Adjust with more salt and lime juice if you’d like
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Pack them into small containers with chips on the side
These easy to pack snacks will surely be a hit for your family! Take them along with you on your summer getaways to lessen your gas station stops or convenience store runs. These recipes are classic and easy, and you can even utilize and maximize kitchen appliances such as microwave ovens and blenders!