Nutrition Month Special: 3 Healthy Recipes For Better Nutrition
Jul 26, 2022
What are some healthy recipes for better nutrition?
- Air Fried Tofu
- Oven-Baked Chicken
- Grilled Stuffed Tilapia
Nutrition month is a time when we should reflect and think about the food that we eat. After all, proper nutrition is an important part of your health. Nourishing your body with good food means that you’re helping your immune system work better and reducing your risk of diseases. If you want to improve your health and don’t know where to start, here are some healthy recipes for better nutrition.
Air Fried Tofu
Tofu is a Filipino favorite. You will find it in a variety of recipes, such as sizzling tofu sisig, tokwa’t baboy, arroz caldo with tofu, and many more. It’s also often served crispy by deep-frying! But if you’re trying to lessen your consumption of oil, you can try using an air fryer instead. This popular kitchen appliance in the Philippines works by circulating hot air inside the appliance, which makes your food crispy but with less oil needed!
Aside from that, tofu has plenty of health benefits. It’s high in protein and amino acids, so it’s often found in vegetarian cuisine as a substitute for meats. Tofu is also packed with plenty of nutrients but is low in calories.
Ingredients for the main dish;
- 1 block firm tofu, diced
- Cooking oil in a spray container
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Ingredients for the sauce:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 pcs garlic cloves, grated
- In a large bowl, combine diced tofu, soy sauce, sesame oil, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Toss well and allow to marinate in the fridge for up to an hour.
- In another bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, and black pepper. Put the tofu in the cornstarch mixture until the tofu is coated. Remove the excess powder.
- Preheat your air fryer to 200°C.
- Place the tofu in the air fryer basket. Spray cooking oil on the tofu and cook for 15 minutes. Halfway, shake the air fryer basket for even cooking.
- While cooking, prepare the tofu sauce. Combine mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, hot sauce, and garlic. Season if needed.
- Put the cooked tofu into the sauce and serve!
Chicken is a good source of nutrients, such as protein — which is needed by your body to build and repair tissues. It’s also low in calories, which is why it’s often preferred by people who are trying to lose weight. One of the most popular cuts is chicken breast, especially among bodybuilders.
Instead of fried chicken, baking is one healthier way to prepare this meat. Baking helps you control the level of fat in your food. It’s also easier since all you have to do is pop the chicken in the oven and wait for the food to cook! No more worrying about oil splashes.
- 2 pc chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 230 °C. Line an oven-safe baking dish with foil.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Place on the baking dish.
- Bake the chicken for about 20 minutes, or when fully cooked. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil before resting for a few minutes.
- Slice the chicken and serve.
Grilled Stuffed Tilapia
If you’re trying to lessen your intake of meat, fish is a good alternative! Tilapia is one of the common fishes available in the market, and it’s also fairly cheap too. There are plenty of things you can do with tilapia, but one of the best ways to cook it is to grill it!
You can add more flavor to the fish by stuffing it with healthy ingredients, such as tomatoes! This recipe calls for easily accessible ingredients, and you can also tweak it as you like. Some people even add mangoes and lemon juice to the stuffing too. Use a Hanabishi griller for a convenient grilling experience!
Ingredients for Grilled Tilapia:
- 2 pcs tilapia
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp kamias, chopped
- Salt, according to taste
- Pepper, according to taste
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, ginger, and kamias. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the stuffing into the cavity of the tilapia fish. Next, season the fish with salt and pepper as well.
- Pre-heat your grill for a few minutes. Grill the fish on each side until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
This nutrition month, learn to cook nourishing foods for yourself and your family. This way, you can take better care of your health, especially during the new normal, when people can easily get sick. Try out these healthy recipes for better nutrition with our kitchen appliances, which are made with quality materials and available for a budget-friendly price.
If you’re having trouble finding our kitchen appliances in physical stores, you can check out our official store at the Lazada Mall for more options!