What are some good recipes for the rainy season?
- Hot Cocoa: Microwave Oven
- Healthy Orange Smoothie: Blender
- Champorado: Multi-cooker
When it’s raining outside and you’re feeling chilly, you’re probably craving hot food to warm your body and make you feel more relaxed. But other than these comfort food, you also need your daily dose of vitamins that you can get from fruits because you’re more prone to the common cold and the flu. With the right appliances for sale in the Philippines, some ingredients from your kitchen, and a bit of effort — you can make these recipes for the rainy season. Keep on reading to learn more!
Hot Cocoa: Microwave Oven
A hot and comforting cup of cocoa is best consumed during the rainy season. If you’re craving this beverage but don’t have a bar of chocolate in your pantry, you can make it with cocoa powder, milk, sugar! You don’t have to turn on the gas stove or make more servings than you’ll need because you can make one cup of this chocolate goodness in 5 minutes using your Hanabishi Microwave Oven!
The Hanabishi Microwave Oven HMOMBD is available in a 20, 25, and 31-liter capacity. It has 10 power levels and a digital control panel, so it’s convenient to use for reheating leftover meals, defrosting meat, and making hot chocolate!
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Mix cocoa powder, sugar, and 3 tablespoons of milk in a microwaveable mug.
- Pour in a cup of milk and stir thoroughly until well incorporated.
- Put the mug of cocoa in your microwave and set the timer for 1 minute.
- Take out the mug and stir the mixture for a few seconds.
- Return the mug into the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Add a pinch of salt and a drop of vanilla extract before stirring again.
- Serve with a handful of marshmallows and enjoy!
Healthy Orange Smoothie: Blender
If you feel like you’re coming down with a cold, you need your daily dose of vitamins to help strengthen your body’s defenses!
This healthy smoothie has orange juice which contains vitamin C and yogurt that has live probiotics to protect your gut. Both of these can boost your immune system so your body can fight viruses and bacteria! In addition to that, you also have turmeric which is a natural anti-inflammatory and a great source of antioxidants. Lastly, you will also benefit from ginger, which has powerful medicinal properties.
To make this healthy orange smoothie, you can use the Hanabishi HHANDBL10-3IN1. It has a 600ml sports bottle so you can easily bring your smoothie on the go! Other than that, you can also use this kitchen appliance to chop your ingredients or mix your cake batters, and more!
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- ½ tsp ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Sugar, according to taste
- Combine all ingredients in your blender and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass and consume immediately or refrigerate for later.
Champorado is a chocolate rice pudding best eaten during breakfast or as a snack. It is best served with milk powder, condensed milk, or tuyo! This dish is perfect for the rainy season because it is sweet, warm, and comforting. You can easily adjust the ratio of the ingredients if you prefer a creamier or a more watery consistency.
If you have your Hanabishi Multi-Function Cooker HMC1200, cooking champorado is convenient and hassle-free! It comes with a 1.2 Liter capacity, a non-stick cooking pot for easier cleaning, a two-heat setting, and a stainless steel steamer for your other foods. If you’re cooking a big batch of champorado for your family, you can also opt for the Hanabishi 2in1 Multi-Cooker Griller HMCGRILL50 which has a 5 Liter capacity and 12 in 1 function!
- 1 cup glutinous rice, washed
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups of water
- Boil the glutinous rice and water in your multicooker.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, stir the rice every 2 minutes until you get your desired rice texture.
- Dissolve the cocoa powder in water and add it to your rice mixture. Mix the champorado until smooth and free from lumps.
- Add in the sugar and stir for a minute.
- Let the champorado boil for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
The rainy season in the Philippines can be chilly at times. If you want to enjoy this bed weather, you can make a hot cup of cocoa before you sleep! The next morning, you can eat your champorado with tuyo for a combination of a sweet and salty taste. And don’t forget your immune-boosting orange smoothie so you can protect your family from the common cold and the flu.
If you’re interested in cooking these recipes for the rainy season, you can try out our Hanabishi kitchen appliances for a faster and more convenient experience! These might get sold out in physical stores, so you can check out the official store of Hanabishi at the Lazada Mall for stocks.