3 Hot Drinks For Rainy Days
Jul 7, 2022
What are the best hot drinks for rainy days?
- Smooth and creamy hot chocolate
- Healthy honey citrus tea
- Honey cinnamon milky coffee
The rainy season in the Philippines lasts from June to November. When there’s a rain shower or a storm outside, you might have to cancel your plans to go out. During this time, the best thing to do at home is to enjoy a hot drink. Snuggle in your favorite blanket and turn on your favorite movie while drinking your comfort beverage. All you need is a few kitchen appliances, some ingredients, and a few minutes of your time to make these hot drinks for rainy days. Keep on reading!
Smooth And Creamy Hot Chocolate
When you think of rainy days, there’s no better drink than a mug of hot cocoa! The rich and velvety chocolate drink can instantly cheer you up when the weather is making you feel blue. And the good thing is, it’s super easy to make! All you need is a pan and your trusty stove.
If you want to buy a new stove, you can find them here at Hanabishi! We have gas stoves, portable stoves, and electric stoves! Prices start at only 630 pesos for a single burner gas stove. If you’re interested, we have induction cookers as well.
- 4 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, water, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture constantly until smooth. Bring to a simmer.
- Lower the heat, and add the milk slowly while stirring. Make sure to not boil.
- Turn off the stove and stir the vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Pour the hot chocolate into cups. This recipe serves 4 cups.
Healthy Honey Citrus Tea
Feeling under the weather during this rainy season? You might be suffering from coughs and colds more often. If that’s the case, you need a hot drink that will help you with your condition!
Whether you’re sick or not, this healthy honey citrus tea can be beneficial for your health. All you need is honey, orange, lemon, and hot water. Honey is great for soothing a sore throat and cough. While oranges and lemons are great sources of vitamin C, which is important in supporting your immunity!
If you want to make this drink often, make sure to stock up on the ingredients. You can make hot water quickly with our electric kettles here at Hanabishi! They’re available in various designs and colors. Prices start at only 545 pesos.
- Hot water
- ½ large orange, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of salt
- Slices of orange and lemon
- Combine the orange and lemon juice in a mug.
- Stir in a tablespoon of honey.
- Put in the sliced lemon and orange.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt into the mug.
- Pour hot water to top up the tea.
- Stir the honey citrus tea to dissolve the honey and salt. Enjoy!
Honey Cinnamon Milky Coffee
The best way to start a rainy day is with a warm and aromatic cup of coffee. The honey will add a unique hint of sweetness that is different from your normal white sugar. The cinnamon will add a slightly spicy and woody flavor to the drink, and also make the drink more fragrant. Fortunately, cinnamon is easily available in groceries and online!
To quickly and easily make brewed coffee, you can use one of our high-quality coffee makers here at Hanabishi! Prices start at only 835 pesos. Making coffee at home is cheaper compared to buying at coffee shops. There are plenty of recipes you can make, including this honey cinnamon milky coffee!
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Brew hot coffee using your preferred coffee beans. Pour the liquid into a mug.
- Combine the milk and honey in another mug or container. Stir the mixture until the honey has dissolved.
- Pour the honey milk mixture into the brewed coffee. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon on top and serve.
These hot drinks for rainy days are easy to make, provided that you have the right kitchen appliances and a few ingredients! Enjoy the sounds of the rain shower outside while you snuggle in your blanket with a hot drink. It’s the best way to spend a rainy day, when you can’t go out.
If you’re looking for kitchen appliances, you can find them here at Hanabishi! Having trouble finding specific models? You can always check out our official store at the Lazada Mall!